The Ayla platform is soon going to add support for Google Cloud Platform, which means expanded cloud infrastructure options for all our customers. Our industry-leading device connectivity, virtualization, and management technologies are being integrated with GCP, which will benefit everyone involved.
Integrating Ayla technology with GCP is a natural fit with our mission, which is to provide the most scalable, reliable, and configurable means to connect any device, through any means, to the world’s best technologies.
GCP is renowned for its application enablement, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and data analytics capabilities. Now, Ayla customers can choose to tap directly into these powerful GCP capabilities to:
- Achieve fast time to market by taking advantage of Ayla’s broad connectivity options and uncomplicated device virtualization and management features.
- Scale connected device deployments securely and with high reliability.
- Attain rapid time to business value by leveraging Ayla’s flexible data pipeline along with GCP’s powerful application enablement options, both native and partner-based.
The integration’s benefits work both ways, as well. For GCP, Ayla’s device connectivity, virtualization, and management technologies round out a compelling end-to-end IoT solution that will lead to fast time to market and increased business value for companies launching connected products.
Here’s some of what Ayla brings to the table:
- Unsurpassed device connectivity and virtualization. Ayla adheres to five core values in these areas: reliable connectivity; end-to-end security and privacy; low-latency data transfer; failover connectivity; and seamless device setup.
- Flexibility in device connectivity options. Companies creating IoT solutions using the Ayla platform don’t need to worry about what to connect to, or how to connect. We provide Ayla agents that are integrated into device firmware for secure connection to the Ayla platform; cloud-to-cloud integration to manage device digital twins on other cloud platforms as if they connected directly to the Ayla cloud; and protocol-based adapter micro-services for situations where Ayla agents can’t be embedded into a particular connected device.
- Exceptional device management capabilities. We break down our device management expertise into these fundamental capabilities:
- Reliably manufacture and provision connected devices at scale, authenticating and tracking each device throughout its lifecycle.
- Understand the status and health of an entire fleet of connected devices, using remote monitoring and reporting for direct, simple access to real-time information about deployed IoT devices and their status.
- Maintain stability and performance through dashboard UI controls and secure over-the-air (OTA) firmware updates.
- Optimize the ability to leverage IoT data by providing intuitive controls and a robust rules engine framework, allowing companies to set and apply data management policies that turn IoT data into usable insights.
- Manage access to devices and device fleets by operations teams, using Ayla’s role-based access control (RBAC) framework—available in the dashboard UI as well as through APIs—to ensure strict access to devices, data, and configuration functionality by qualified members of the operations team.
We’re currently in beta testing with the Ayla IoT platform running on GCP, and we expect to have the integration generally available in Q4 of this year.
For more information on the Integration of Ayla IoT platform technologies with GCP, read the news release or visit our GCP webpage. Stay tuned as Ayla continues to expand the business value of connecting to the Ayla platform.